Migration from SugarCRM® to SuiteCRM
Secure your IT investment: the next steps for your SugarCRM 6.5.x solution
The end-of-life plan published by SugarCRM indicates that support, patches, or bug fixes will no longer be provided for Sugar versions 6.5.x from 15 July 2017. This announcement applies to the Community, Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate editions of SugarCRM. SugarCRM therefore recommends that its customers migrate to SugarCRM 7.8.
What you need to consider when migrating to SugarCRM 7:
- SugarCRM 7.x is no longer open-source
- The switch to SugarCRM 7 will incur not insignificant migration costs
- The switch to the new version of SugarCRM comes with an increase in subscription prices
What we recommend: switching from SugarCRM 6.5.x to SuiteCRM 7.8
- We have successfully migrated a number of SugarCRM 6.5.x systems to SuiteCRM 7.x.
- There is a standard, tried-and-tested migration path
- When migrating (and after), you can choose between a self-hosted variant or a cloud solution.
- We perform the migration projects even for a single, fixed price
Any arguments against migrating to SuiteCRM?
- Usually, no.
- SuiteCRM is largely based on SugarCRM 6.5.x (Community Edition)
- The bugs and security gaps in SugarCRM 6.5.x have been fully addressed in SuiteCRM. New versions will also be made available if problems arise in the future.
- SuiteCRM is continually being developed by a large developer community
- The SuiteCRM licence is free of charge
- SuiteCRM offers a similar functionality as SugarCRM
We know both sides
As a former SugarCRM Silver Partner and now the coding partner for SuiteCRM code partner, we know both systems. We help you decide whether a migration from SugarCRM 6.5.x to SuiteCRM makes sense for your company and calculate the associated costs.